[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any HP Servers recommendation for Openindiana (Capacity Server) ?

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Wed Jan 4 12:19:24 UTC 2012

Before the takeover by Oracle Sun was cheaper than Dell, not at first sight
but if you checked everything part-by-part than Sun was at the end cheaper.
With Dell the biggest problem is their website and the way they present
prices. You start with a enormous offer of 512,- euro for a server and end
with a 9000,- euro server.

Always take the highest series ( > R610), they offer more than the lower
series. If want the same amount of hardware like HD's and processors in the
low-series server you pay approx. 30% more.