[OpenIndiana-discuss] Block pointer rewrite?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Jan 6 16:53:46 UTC 2012

Hi all

Some time back, perhaps 2-3 years ago, I first heard someone mention Block pointer rewrite (BPR) and what could be done with that. Is it, from the Illumos developers point of view, likely that this will ever see the day? As far as I can understand, S11 doesn't have this, but I thought I heard certain parts of it was written.

PS: The reason I think of this, is I have a pool which is rather badly balanced due to a bad combination of little time and (at that moment) little zfs knowledge, so currently two VDEVs are >95% full, and AFAIK there's no way to fix that except (a) reconfigure everything or (b) by magick or BPR, which may be similar :P

--
Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.