[OpenIndiana-discuss] no external connectivity on link

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:41:14 UTC 2012

hello list

I have attempted to enable link aggregation on my oi 151 box using the
command dladm create-aggr -d e1000g0 -d e1000g1 1 then I plumbed it
with an address of 192.168.1.200 and echoed 192.168.1.1 >
defaultrouter

I noticed that my /etc directory did not have the traditional solaris
hostname.e1000g0 and hostname.e1000g1 files representing my links that
you would typically expect. But I created a file with the command echo
192.168.1.200 > hostname.aggr1

ifconfig -a shows the aggregated link as well and all indications are
that it's fine

dladm show-aggr shows the link aggregation and I can ping it..however
I cannot ping anything else on or off the network (like 192.168.1.1 or
yahoo.com)

can someone offer a tip on what I'm doing wrong and how to resolve the issue?

once I get this working I plan to enable link trunking on my switch to
take advantage of the faster speeds possible with this setup.

 tx in advance!

tim
--
GPG me!!