[OpenIndiana-discuss] NEWBIE can't find /usr/sbin/sysconfig

Dave Miner dminer at opensolaris.org
Tue May 8 14:25:47 UTC 2012

On 05/07/12 12:03, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 05/ 7/12 08:39 AM, Uwe Reh wrote:
>> 1. Remains the tool sysconfig proprietary to S11 or is there something
>> equivalent at OI?
>
> Oracle released the sysconfig sources, though I don't know if it depends on
> anything specific to S11 or if it would work on OI:
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/caiman/slim_source/usr/src/cmd/system-config/

Correct, however, the config and unconfig milestones that operate the
whole framework (the tool just creates an SMF profile) are part of the
ON consolidation and thus not open; OI would need to re-implement them.
  The Solaris implementation relies on SMF decorations, which was also
added to ON after the last public update to source.

Dave