[OpenIndiana-discuss] nfs permission denied

tomte at ulkhyvlers.net tomte at ulkhyvlers.net
Tue May 8 17:19:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 01:07:23PM -0400, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for your input. I found that I can share the volume via zfs..
> sorry I forgot to mention that this was a zfs pool.
>
> I found that I was able to remove the entry from dfstab and use this
> command to share the volume -
>
>  zfs set sharenfs=rw tank/xen
>
> And when I check the result it looks ok -
>
> root at openindiana:~# zfs get sharenfs tank/xen
> NAME      PROPERTY  VALUE     SOURCE
> tank/xen  sharenfs  rw        local
>
> and now if I look at the nfs server from the client I can see the
> share, even tho it's no longer listed in dfstab -
>

> [root at LBSD2:~] #showmount -e nas
> Exports list on nas:
> /tank/xen                          Everyone
>
> And then I try mounting the share from the client -
>
> [root at LBSD2:~] #mount nas:/tank/xen /mnt/xen
>
> [root at LBSD2:~] #df -h /mnt/xen
> Filesystem       Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> nas:/tank/xen    1.3T     46K    1.3T     0%    /mnt/xen
>
> But I am still getting the same result when I try to create a file -
>
> [root at LBSD2:~] #touch /mnt/xen/test
> touch: /mnt/xen/test: Permission denied
>
> Maybe I'm missing a flag on the zfs set command?
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Feel free to correct me, but I think you still need the "root=thebsdbox"
as an option for the zfs command.

Ie. something like "zfs set sharenfs='rw,root=thebsdbox' tank/xen"
Otherwise I suspect that the root remapping thing comes into play.

// Richard

--
"Its hard to be religious when certain people are never
incinerated by bolts of lightning."

- Calvin & Hobbes