[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenOffice come back with 3.4 release

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Wed May 9 20:50:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:12 PM, cpforum <cpforum at orange.fr> wrote:

> After a long time, Apache Software Fondation published yesterday OpenOffice 3.4.
>
> Solaris/OpenIndiana binaries are not available yet ! (same for LibreOffice).

[...]
> Who knows ASF plans for Solaris11/Openindiana  Aoo binaries ?

There was an extensive discussion on this list in January [1] about
renewing a Solaris/OpenIndiana build of LibreOffice. Why do you want
OpenOffice specifically?
It was then decided that the proper place to discuss the topic would
be the LibreOffice devel mailing list [2]. I didn't follow that
thread, so don't know if any native build came out of it (I know
someone tested that the Windows build + wine appears to run).

[1] http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2012-January/thread.html#6997
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-January/thread.html#24540

Jan