[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hard Drive Temp

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue May 22 11:03:41 UTC 2012

2012-05-22 14:53, Scott LeFevre написал:
> I've been using smartmontools 5.40 for a while with few issues.  I have
> 9 drives between two SATA controllers and use the following line in
> smartd.conf to run the self tests:
>
> /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0 -d sat,12 -o on -S on -t -I 194 -I 231 -I 9 -l error -l selftest -s (S/../.././02|L/../../4/04) -m slefevre at example.com
>

> This line is repeated once for each drive.
>
> To get the temperature for a drive, a simple one-liner works:
>
> smartctl -A -d sat,12 /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0 | grep ^194 | awk '{print $10}'

Thanks a log for the "-d sat,12" tip. I've seen it sometime
ago, but lost and couldn't reproduce :)

This way smartctl yields even more info on my homebox disks
(including the temperature on the root disk absent in the
"-d scsi" query results), but did not work on the Thumper.
So, YMMV :)

Thanks again,
//Jim Klimov