[OpenIndiana-discuss] sata hot plug problem (ahci?) + openindiana crash

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu May 24 03:31:41 UTC 2012

2012-05-24 3:50, Richard Elling wrote:
>> As a side note, it is then possible to augment GRUB to be
>> able to import and export an rpool and thus help IDE-SATA
>> migrations?
>
> Go for it.

Huh... wait a couple of years, please. I'm better with
generating ideas, than with long-term commitments for
polished code, you do know :(

> This is not a common operation and is expected to only be done once per
> system,
> sorta like changing BIOS settings.

One would guess so. But do you notice how often this comes
up and people mostly opt to reinstall OpenIndiana instead
of applying a trivial fix (which requires a bootable media
like LiveCD - which could be replaced by GRUB or theoretical
revival of failsafe-boot)...

//Jim