[OpenIndiana-discuss] R and R commander

Richard PALO richard.palo at baou.fr
Wed Nov 28 18:31:52 UTC 2012

Le 28/11/12 16:51, Daniel Kjar a écrit :
> Is there a package out there?  Is there a good 'howto' for a build? I
> tried building R ages ago and never got it to work...  I saw someone
> mention a package but can't find it.

Building seems not a problem:
richard at devzone:~/src/pkgsrc/math/R-Rcmdr$ pkg_info  R-Rcmdr
Information for R-Rcmdr-1.8.4:

Comment:
Platform-independent basic-statistics GUI for R

Requires:
R-car>=2.0.12
R>=2.2.1nb2

A platform-independent basic-statistics GUI (graphical user interface)
for R, based on the tcltk package.

Homepage:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcmdr/

and
richard at devzone:~/src/pkgsrc/math/R-Rcmdr$ pkg_info  R
Information for R-2.14.2nb4:

Comment:
Statistical language for data analysis and graphics

Requires:
perl>=5.0
{gcc47,gcc47-libs}>=4.7.2
{gcc47,gcc47-libs}>=4.7.0
bzip2>=1.0.5
xz>=5.0.0
libiconv>=1.9.1nb4
gettext-lib>=0.18
pcre>=8.30nb1
readline>=6.0
zlib>=1.2.3
cairo>=1.12.2nb2
png>=1.5.0
jpeg>=8nb1
tiff>=4.0.0
blas>=1.0nb3
libXt>=1.0.0
tk>=8.5.7

Required by:
R-car-2.0.12
R-Rcmdr-1.8.4

R is a language which bears a passing resemblance to the S language
developed at AT&T Bell Laboratories.  It provides support for a
variety of statistical and graphical analyses.  R is a true
computer language which contains a number of control-flow
constructions for iteration and alternation.  It allows users to
add additional functionality by defining new functions.  On
platforms which support the dlopen (3) interface, Fortran and C
code can be linked and called at run time.

R is very close to S in both syntax and semantics, but is not identical.
Whether this is a bug or feature is an open question.

Homepage:
http://www.R-project.org/

took a bit as I'm building pgadmin3 in the background...

testing is an exercice left to the reader.