[OpenIndiana-discuss] tip & ttydefs questions

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 01:01:46 UTC 2012

I read the man page for remote as saying that what is sent *to* the remote host for end-of-line is '\n' by default.  It's what is coming back, but not playing well w/ the terminal window.

Certain changes to /etc/remote seem to have no effect.  However I still don't know when that gets read.  But even removing and reinstating the service doesn't seem to help.

The problem is:

ok
   ok
      ok

instead of:

ok
ok
ok

FWIW the Sparc boot monitor is in forth.

I've asked the author if the behavior is readily changeable.  That is w/o reassembly.  Though I'll do that if I have to.

I have two forth interpreters that run on the MCU. One works fine.  The other doesn't.

You're *supposed* to be able to adjust for such behavior.  That's what all the terminal and line discipline code is for.  But Solaris got it badly wrong.  There are so many pieces to the puzzle it's ridiculous.

Reg