[OpenIndiana-discuss] Interest in OpenIndiana VPS host?

magnus at yonderway.com magnus at yonderway.com
Wed Sep 12 19:43:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:59:59 +0000, "Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana)"
<openindiana at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> Linux != Solaris.
> My main point of interest in a solaris / openindiana VPS provider would
be
> ZFS.  Suddenly, I would have a convenient cloud-based destination for
"zfs
> send" for my offsite backups.  Beats the pants off my current solution,
> lugging removable disks to the bank.

It sounds like we have at least a couple of people here who may be
interested in providing such a service.

What sort of resource specifications would you expect for your zone, and
what sort of price range would you expect to pay for it?

I'd be lying if I said I haven't been spec'ing out hardware and rackspace
on the side as a direct result of this thread. :)

-M