[OpenIndiana-discuss] VMware

Gary Driggs gdriggs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 17:53:00 UTC 2013

On Aug 11, 2013, at 9:59 AM, James Relph <james at themacplace.co.uk> wrote:

> Nope, dedicated physical 10Gb network for iSCSI/NFS traffic, with 4x 10Gb links (in an LACP bond) per device.  Should be pretty solid really.

If I recall correctly, you can set LACP parameters that determine how
fast the switch-over occurs between ports, the interval at which the
interfaces send LACP packets, and more. These can be set on either the
OS or switch side depending on the vendor. So if you've determined
that there is nothing wrong at either the physical layer or network
and above, then the link layer is your most likely culprit. Applying
the process of elimination or some other methodology is most advisable
for these types of troubleshooting situations.

-Gary