[OpenIndiana-discuss] re-install grub [SOLVED]

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Aug 30 11:38:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-30 11:27, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> title Linux
>     kernel /boot/vmlinuz... (copy the full line)
>     initrd  /boot/initramfs... (copy the full line)

I think my attempt's problem was that the whole linux partition
was designated as an LVM container, and there were soft-partitions
for boot, root and other filesystems. If your whole Linux FS is
singular and directly in the MBR partition, Solaris GRUB probably
won't have a problem with that (i.e. it should read ext2/ext3 at
least). I believe my problem was with Solaris GRUB not reading the
LVM layout to find the boot soft-partition, and so paths like
/boot/vmlinuz were not defined for it.

//Jim