[OpenIndiana-discuss] usb vesrion

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Dec 1 17:59:55 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-01 18:49, Pavel Vlček wrote:
> Good evening,
> I can not install the usb version. I have 32 gb flash, usb file and usb
> installer. The installer write all completed, but I can not boot to the
> usb. Windows 7 X64, but on MacBook Air 2011. Can you help?

My main guess at the moment would be that there are some driver
problems; in particular - lack of USB3 support in illumos kernel.
Possibly you used a USB port connected to the USB3 hub (if any),
and your other ports might be on an older USB2 hub? In short, try
plugging your USB flash into other ports, maybe you'd have better
luck with those :)

Do you know if the boot attempt returns any errors or just hangs?
If so - at what stage? Possibly, you could post a screenshot (i.e.
with a phone-camera) of the problem, if there is anything on screen?

Hope this helps,
//Jim Klimov