[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to boot oi-dev-151a7-ai-x86.usb inot 64-Bit mode ?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 12:25:47 UTC 2013

Assuming you simply want to install rather than create a 64 bit bootable flash drive, a workaround would be to use the LiveDVD and a USB optical disk drive.

I did the install on my N40L w/ 3x2 TB disks that way.  Only problem was the installer not allowing me to create slices in the Solaris fdisk partition in a straightforward manner so I could use RAIDZ for most of the space.  But that's another matter.

However, if what you want is a 64 bit bootable flash drive, it would appear to be a "some assembly required" project. There are unfortunately many very simple and sensible things that the current state of OI makes very difficult.  It will get better, but it's going to take time.

Have Fun!
Reg