[OpenIndiana-discuss] Buildable distro?

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Wed Feb 6 14:27:11 UTC 2013

Well, I understand your grudge. I feel the same regarding the kernel itself. When linux can be built using "make dep clean all", then why must it be a major endeavor with IL/OI?

But on the other hand, that's how Linux started back in the day, too. First distributions were a hell to set up but improved over time. If you can improve things just a fraction, then that's okay. Better than giving up. So, was the description on OI wiki outdated? What bit was missing?

Cheers
Stefan