[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI rpool on USB flash in N40L?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Jan 27 17:01:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-27 17:24, Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> Andy,
>
> Thanks.  I'll be interested to find what your experience is.
>
> As it happens, I just ordered 3x2 TB a few seconds ago and will go w/ mirrored rpool in a small partition on each drive.  I'm trying to get back to doing science rather than admin. Jim Klimov's post and link to comments at Illumos were enough to make the decision for me.

Oh well... =)

Note that you may end up using not "rpool in a small partition on each
drive" but rather in a small Solaris SMI "slice", and a bigger slice
for part of raidz data pool, both within the single MBR "partition"
covering the minimum of whole disk/2Tb.

This terminological hiccup might lead you into the wrong woods ;)

Good luck!
//Jim