[OpenIndiana-discuss] Using OI and zfs from a windows machine

Roel_D openindiana at out-side.nl
Wed Jul 3 17:50:06 UTC 2013

How did you join the zfs drive windows? And what windows version?

Win7 has huge difficulties with networkshares. But there is a new but hidden servicepack for windows7 that improves the speed.

You could try to install napp-it. It has a nice webbased gui that lets you configure shares easely.

If you only have 1 pc that needs to connect, i would suggest iSCSI on ZFS. It will burn the wires of the network with the speed!

Kind regards,

The out-side

Op 3 jul. 2013 om 19:07 heeft Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> het volgende geschreven: