[OpenIndiana-discuss] hipster repo - WAS::::Re: [UNSUBSCRIBE]

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 19:36:14 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Christopher Chan <
christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> On Monday, June 10, 2013 05:03 AM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>
>> What is the "hipsters repo"?
>>
>> Can someone share the information for that.
>>
>> And is there any chance it has a working copy of VLC?
>>

> Or ffmpeg or avidemux.
>
> Is there any distro that is gcc compiled and not sun cc compiled? It'd be
> probably easier to build such stuff on a gcc distro

Makes no difference as to how the distro was compiled; the header files
are identical and the system libraries should be abi and api compatible.

Actually, libav/ffmpeg are pretty portable, much better than many
applications out in the wild. I don't recall having many issues getting
them built.

--
-Peter Tribble