[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bash brace expansion in non-C locales??

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Mar 15 14:52:42 UTC 2013

On 03/15/13 09:25, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> I'm not sure europeans think that funny for quite the same reasons as an
> american might...
>
> Perspective is a funny thing.

Maybe you're right, but I'm not so sure.

As an American, I think it's funny because it works on so many levels --
it's a wry commentary on seemingly boundless American imperialism, it's
a good send-up of the perception of Americans as culturally ignorant
boors, and it even works as a simple joke on baffling languages.  No
matter how much of a polyglot one may be, there are always yet more
confusing languages out there to be learned, and the ones you don't yet
know will almost certainly look or sound odd.

Or do Americans just see the funny letters and laugh?  ;-}