[OpenIndiana-discuss] i find the oi wiki lacking; is there a handbook?

tyrrell t tyrrellt at live.com
Fri Nov 8 01:38:02 UTC 2013

thanks ; )

I'll see if I can get it, but I don't have an amazon account right now.

Could you comment on how documentation is generally available?
Is it soley in oracle blogs ? Do most people use the mailing list? Is it ok to generally use this list for what basically amounts to 'stupid beginner questions'?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/documentation/solaris-10-192992.html
I was hoping this would be 'comprehensive enough'

Also the wiki says sun studio x86 for open_indiana is not 'publicly available', but I was able to find it on the oracle site. Is it still actively maintained or is the oi community attitude generally 'default to the oracle site' ?