[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS approach to "valid users" etc.

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Nov 20 15:48:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

i have found (and i am using it at home):
http://www.dev-eth0.de/opensolaris-samba-with-anonymous-access/

On 11/20/13 04:32 PM, Stefan Müller-Wilken wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently configuring CIFS on one of my boxes (Oracle 11.1 this time, but I hope that does not matter) and I'm trying port over shares from Samba. While joining the domain worked (surprisingly) flawlessly, I have a bunch of questions regarding shares:
>
> * How can I match the "valid users" parameter, e.g. "valid users = user_a, user_b"?
See dev-eth0 notes (you might need to use idmap) - in use (something
similar)

> * How can I share directories located under users on a per user basis? With Samba, that's a "path = %H/export"...
Create separate ZFS FS for each user, set sharesmb options - works just
fine - tested

> * How can I set access control on a user basis, e.g. set a share read only for a group, read write for another etc.
idmap user mapping (first you need to define unix groups). - not tested
though

> Unfortunately there is not yet too much documentation available out there...
>
> Cheers
>   Stefan

Hope that might help. I am using just small part of this, so my
guidelines are not very reliable in this matter...

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Some men are so macho they'll get you pregnant just to kill a rabbit. --
Maureen Murphy