[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to release OS disk space?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Apr 4 07:19:43 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-04 08:19, Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] wrote:
> what is output from
> beadm list
> command?

Probably one BE, since there are no snapshots (and thus clones).

> If I may note, rpool1 is rather very small.

Quite. On such a small pool, compression would be very useful,
at least lz4 or maybe even splitting the rootfs and applying
gzip-9 to most of the data, as well as relocation of volatile
shared /var parts into another pool (see the Wiki for my howtos
on this matter)... and probably relocation of dump and swap
volumes too :)

//Jim