[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster ISO - 64-bit only?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Apr 16 15:08:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am not sure if this issue was raised before, but I found that at least some 'base' programs (such as /usr/bin/gzip) are amd64 on hipster livecd and installed image. Likewise, the dbus error that pops up relates to an explicit invokation of /usr/lib/amd64/gvfsd.

Overall - there are issues just running a 32-bit vm (or old hardware, or misdetected $ISADIR) of hipster.

Is it an oversight, or a bleeding-edge feature, or a strategic decision to abandon old x86, or something else?

Thanks,
//Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android