[OpenIndiana-discuss] No ideas, ANYONE???!! Re: Window manager problems after upgrade to oi_151a9

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Feb 4 21:42:23 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 22:16, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> gvfs and gnome-vfs definitely seem installed:
>
> pfexec pkg -R /BE/OI151a9 info -l gnome-vfs gvfs
>             Name: library/gnome/gnome-vfs
>            State: Installed
>
>             Name: library/gnome/gvfs
>            State: Installed
>        Publisher: openindiana.org
>
> or is there some problem I don't see there??

Seems ok, the packagemanager should not show that as obsolete.

> The other bit, about the loader.cache stuff: could that affect the
> visibility of the metacity top and bottom panels?

If there are svg pixmaps, it could (at least it looks awkward),
and menu entries wouldn't find their symbols.

Did you really come from a7 ? Then the first update should have
taken you to a8, where gvfs was obsoleted, and then on the second
update to a9, where you would have reinstalled gvfs. I'm wondering
how this worked in one step. Or did you really come from hipster ?
Then I would expect anything ...
I've compiz working nearly without problems on a9 on a machine
that started at a2, so your problems seem to be specific to your
machine. As suggested here, add another pristine user and look
if problems persist.
Could also be some problem between the NVidia driver and your
graphics card, look for nvrm messages in /var/adm/messages or
errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log .