[OpenIndiana-discuss] Difference in plugin handling Firefox v 18 vs v 24??

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sun Feb 9 19:12:57 UTC 2014

I tried looking for info on this but cannot find anything relevant.

I upgraded firefox from v 18 to v 24 today, from the contributed esr pkg
files on mozilla.

I hade to revert to v 18, because plugins wouldn't work at all.

I seem to remember something happening gto the plugin mechanisms
sometime around v 20, but I cannot find anything succinct on this.

Can somebody point me to some explanation end/or remedy/fix?