[OpenIndiana-discuss] iostat - sum of the parts

jason matthews jason at broken.net
Tue Feb 11 09:29:38 UTC 2014

I am aware of how this calculated for devices, but if underlying physical devices don't have I/Os why does the pool report I/Os taking so long?

In other words, the pool in this example reports and average wait time of 5170 ms but the devices report 0.0 save one which 0.1ms. Where does the delta come from?

j.