[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS packaging of different NVIDIA drivers

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Jan 6 01:43:57 UTC 2014

On 01/ 5/14 12:00 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> So, if nvidia implemented them like that, isn't there any possible IPS solution?

The best one we ever thought of was packaging them independently and than
letting the user pick one of those packages to have installed at any time,
but we never followed through on that, hence why we have the instructions
on replacing them with the nvidia downloads.

> At last.........maybe you can have more influence on nvidia to let them give us more
> fine grained drivers that we can package?? ;)

If I had that sort of influence, we wouldn't have this problem, as they'd
have listened when I asked for this years ago.  Clearly, I do not.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com