[OpenIndiana-discuss] Forgot Zone Root Password, Redirect X inside Zone, Reinstall Zone

Handojo handoyog at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 17:54:35 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've got 3 questions :

1. Forgotten Zone Root Password

I've just installed a zone inside OI151a8 3 months ago, and right now I forgot the root password inside the zone.
So, I follow the instruction here :

http://sysadmin-tips-and-tricks.blogspot.com/2013/01/solaris-recover-root-password-in-local.html

But when I login to the zone, it says : pam_authtok_get: login: empty password not allowed for root from localhost

Logging to the zone as another user, and then issue : su
Yields the same result, and same error message.

2. Sometime ago before the Root Password error, I tried to redirect Zone such that its graphics output is redirected to another OI machine ( using default GNome Vino ). But It never work. Anybody can give clue ?

3. If #1 and #2 Fails, how do I reinstall zone ?

Thank You,

Hans