[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Fri Jan 31 14:25:03 UTC 2014

> From: Ryan John [mailto:john.ryan at bsse.ethz.ch]
>
> Being reliant on NFS myself, I decided to test this. I just updated one test
> machine from OI_a8 to OI_a9, and another from OI_a7 to OI_a9
> Both machines give the same results, IE: NFSv3 works okay.
> My clients are RetHat EL6.

I wonder what version of nfs ships with rhel/centos6?  If you don't post back, I'll look it up later today and post.  It seems also, I'll have to start questioning if there's simply something wrong with my *individual* system, rather than the distro.  In other words, verify checksum of installation media, repeat on another system...

Also, I wonder if there's a difference between your system and mine, resulting from the fact you did an upgrade, whereas I installed fresh.

Are you using OI desktop, or OI server?   I'm using OI server 151a9...   And I'm using OI desktop 151a7.

> OpenIndiana (powered by illumos)    SunOS 5.11    oi_151a9    November 2013
> root@ openindiana:~# zfs create dataPool/nfstest
> root@ openindiana :~# zfs set sharenfs=on dataPool/nfstest
> root@ openindiana:~# sharectl set -p server_versmax=3 nfs

Did you remember to restart nfs server after making that change?