[OpenIndiana-discuss] Using large (3-4 TB) USB disks for backups

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 12:15:41 UTC 2014

This was done a year ago and led to a lot of time looking at the code which parses sd.conf.
I'll have another go at it and document as you asked.

 Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Using large (3-4 TB) USB disks for backups
 To: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
 Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 11:31 PM

 On 26/03/2014 03:07, Reginald
 Beardsley wrote:
 > Has anyone been able to  ZFS format a 3-4 TB
 USB drive w/ OI so that it worked properly?  I was
 defeated by a 3 TB Toshiba drive, but am hoping some other
 make might work  w/o generating misaligned messages.

 It helps if you paste in the terminal window showing the
 exact commands you issued and their responses.

 -- Andrew