[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Oct 15 13:27:42 UTC 2014

On 10/14/14 11:15 PM, The Outsider wrote:
> Is that really true?
>
> I mean even Sun's solaris 10 were not-redistributable. I have a lot of solaris
> 10 documents that i don't dare to share because of the disclaimers at the first
> pages.
>
> Even Sun solaris 10 had a line in the disclaimer that is was not allowed to post
> any benchmark results without written permission of Sun.
>
> So therefor my question, has it really changed?

The change is vs. OpenSolaris, not vs. Solaris 10.   OpenIndiana only exists at
all because there was a 5 year period between Solaris 10 & 11 in which Sun made
source code, documentation, etc. for the OS under development open source and
redistributable - that ended after the Oracle acquisition with the return to the
closed source/non-redistributable model of Solaris 10.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com