[OpenIndiana-discuss] Martin Bochnig

Ivar Janmaat ijanmaat at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 15 21:23:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

In my humble opinion there are several questions which Illumos might
want to answer because they are relevant to others as well.
1. Which support levels and services can a distro, distro developer,
partner or sponsor expect from Illumos? I believe answering this
question in a transparent manner on the website would be beneficial for
all distro providers. It would be the basis of trust and a equal playing
field. A distro developer might be a single person who can add code to
Illumos while working for Illumos distro partner so these roles might be
different.
2. Is distributing binaries of opensource code with distro specific
patches or configurations in the sourcecode and not providing the this
source code in violation with the Illumos licensing model?
3. Will Illumos put limitations on a distros business model when using
Illumos sourcecode?

I try to structure this discussion so we can move forward.

Kind regards,

Ivar Janmaat