[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 8 plugin for Firefox

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Apr 29 14:33:21 UTC 2015

On 04/29/15 07:05 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> So where is this plugin? I am asking because I suspect that Oracle has dropped the
> Java plugin for Solaris & friends.

It has for Oracle JDK - I don't know about OpenJDK.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/8-compatibility-guide-2156366.html#A999476
search down for "Removal of 32-bit Solaris" where it says:

"The 64-bit binaries do not contain deployment tools such as Java Web Start
  and Java Plug-in, therefore desktop integration is no longer required."

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com