[OpenIndiana-discuss] COMSTAR Target gets stuck in Offlining state

Alberto Picón Couselo alpicon1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:13:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We are driving a very dramatic problem with COMSTAR in Openindiana oi_151a9
over two Supermicro Servers (master and slave) connected to a multipath
JBOD.

Under unknown circumstances, when we want to add a target to a target group
and we issue the command 'stmfadm offline-target', the target gets stuck in
Offlining state forever. This is very inconvenient, because it is
impossible to export the ZFS Pool for a failover.

The only way to get rid of it is to manually power off the primary and
promote the secundary node.

As far as we know, it seems that there exists a patch for Openindiana
Development Kernel. We wonder if it is possible to backport it to the
stable branch or there is any plan to port it to the stable tree.

Do you have any advice we can follow?

Best Regards and thank you for your help and support,
Alberto Picón