[OpenIndiana-discuss] forum creation

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 10:23:57 UTC 2015

Hi

Syncom sounds interesting.
I Know that the Pirateparty in Germany is still quite active and uses those technologies for their Party Internal discussions.
Further Development thus seems to be very likely.
Also it syncs Already existing servers so we would not need to migrate the mailing list to a new Daemon. The only thing we would then need is the PiratePartys Forum Software. Which seems to phpBB3
FUDforum is a forum that has compatibility to other Discussion Technologies. It would require a migration from the exiting Mailman.
NNTP-Forum is the Same. But it does not even have Mailinglist interface.

We could also ask the Pireparty for some infos about their Software. It seems they already have what we want.

Greetings Till