[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail logging

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 08:07:06 UTC 2015

Hi I'm looging for some help over sendmail writing to syslog.

I am using oi a9 on a couple of our servers, and they are running sendmail,
using almost the same main.mc compiled from the original servers.

They are all logging to syslog, but on the original servers I get the
"from=" headers and the "to=" headers logged in syslog, and on the new
server I only get "to=" logged to syslog, and then only when the email is
being forwarded to the smart-host, not on receipt.

We grep the syslog to see if an email has been received, before it goes
through our mail scanner system, and the lack of a from makes this
impossible.

has anyone else come across this, or any solution/suggestion on how to get
it to work?

Jon