[OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] Re: Support for USB3?

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Wed Nov 4 01:54:05 UTC 2015

Oh, and just for a note, USB is *not* like writing another type of driver.
The entire USB framework is a scary beast all of its own, and sadly it also
uses & abuses STREAMs.  Implementing a modern USB3 stack should really be
done by creating a new nexus framework, and converting some of the leaf
drivers to it.  Our entire USB framework really needs some serious lovin’.
  But again, its just a problem finding priority and skills in confluence.