[OpenIndiana-discuss] Enabling IPv6 on OpenIndiana

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:41:59 UTC 2015

On 10/24/15 07:41 PM, russell wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently got an IPv6 connection and wanted to get OpenIndiana
> working with IPv6, intially I tried to do this with the
> /etc/hostname6.<interface> file but found this worked well for
> autoconfiguration but not with static configuration.
This is clearly question for illumos and documentation for illumos of
what and how is done.
Make sure to inform us how it went for you eventually.

Also I am glad IPv6 is coming out in wider use, it would save people to
pay more for static v4 IP addresses and maybe enable more easy content
distribution from the internet users.