[OpenIndiana-discuss] New packaged LibreOffice4

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:01:02 UTC 2015

On 10/26/15 08:21 AM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 10/24/2015 12:59, Nikola M wrote:
>> I also never understood reasons to change path for g++. Could it be put
>> some light on that, too?
>
> Hi.
> The reason to have /usr/g++ and */g++/* packages is incompatibility
> between Studio C++ an GNU C++ ABI. Eariler we had to support /usr/g++,
> because part of our packages depended on Studio-compiled C++
> libraries, part - on GCC-compiled. Now it's not longer a case and we
> deliver GNU C++-compiled libraries under /usr. SFE should work on
> Solaris, so it still adhere to this practice (and it's the only good
> way for Studio and GNU-compiled C++ code to coexist).

Thanks alp, just to check if I understood it right:

SFE under http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih/ is made for OI hipster,
not Solaris, but SFE keeps same path and layouts to reuse packages for
all platfroms,SFE is made for.

OI hipster now removed g++ from oi-userland consolidation so that SFE
g++ and SFE packages will be working without collisions and g++ is now
installed from SFE with it's packages.

Instalaltions of SFE g++ happens in place of previously OI
hipster-compiled g++ and that is not the issue for OI hipster itself
because it does not depend on them?

Question is what happens with current installations and are OI
hipster-installed g++ packages replaced by adding SFE repository or some
of them get replaced and some don't.
Are g++ packages from OI hipster removed from oi-userland of they are
still there, but not installed by default, so one installing them can
still see collisions if SFE is added to instal external packages?