[OpenIndiana-discuss] System will not boot, boot-archive fails

Richard Patterson richard at helpquick.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 09:21:57 UTC 2015

Ok, I removed the controller again, booted it up fine, changed
time-out to 180.

Removed the backups zpool (zfs export), shutdown and re-installed the
controller.

Booted up fine.

zfs import -f backups

^^Hangs at this point.

A while ago, i had a script running in cron to report on zpool status,
etc.

I must admit, my checking of the reports was a bit lax of late, and I
found the last few had this in the status:

	NAME                       STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	backups                    ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2-0                 ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c3t50014EE6AEEE4A0Bd0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c3t50014EE6AEEE5C8Bd0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c3t50014EE0591526CAd0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c3t50014EE659992C01d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c3t50014EE6599926FBd0  ONLINE       0     0    12
	    c3t50014EE65999205Fd0  ONLINE       0     0     4
	    c3t50014EE659992081d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c3t50014EE659993822d0  ONLINE       0     0     0

So, looks like I might have at least 1 failed disk... will need to try
to identify the failed one(s), and pull it / them out.

Thanks so far, I'll update when I've had a chance to pull the faulty
disk(s).

- --
Richard