[OpenIndiana-discuss] Illumos bug #1778 and oi_151a9

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jan 1 15:05:17 UTC 2016

> It was mentioned it to someone about upgrading to illumos-current
> for oi_151a9. Better document exists but you can review:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Upgrading+OpenIndiana

My hesitancy with updating is primarily due to lack of available time,
and not because I don't want to update to hipster or
illumos-current+oi_151a9.  Is there a reason to not update to
'hipster' and to prefer illumos-current + stale oi_151a9 applications?

I am noticing residue (e.g. iostat entries for non-existing hardware)
left behind from previously replaced hard drives.  Probably I did not
use 'cfgadm' correctly to tell the system that a SAS drive was
permanently removed.  I think that the problem started from before I
recently replaced a SAS drive though.  It must be due to the flaky USB
pool hardware.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn