[OpenIndiana-discuss] Illumos vs. KMS? __/__ Re[2]: How to run Flash Player plugin in OI Hipster

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Thu Jan 7 21:43:59 UTC 2016

 @ Mr. Sommerfeld:

Ok, if nobody of you USA Illumos persons finally starts to treat me like a human being, forget that I wasted the last 2 months unpaid double-full(aka fool)time to get Sun's IntelKMS port backported to OpenSolaris/ OS/Net and hence also to Illumos.
(which not only prevented me from having any real life or any income, but even also costed me that job in Brussels)

With FF43 it is also quite _pathetic_ how much respect the wider community (except on OI) showed:  https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/FireFox-43-port-for-all-OpenSolaris-distros

1 Star and 1 Fork.

COMPARE this to Joyent's FF31 port which was (for about half a year even without any single line of modifications) simply stolen from NetBSD  (back then I had the exact urls, fetched them both and a diff showed it was totally identical for several months)

https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc-wip/tree/master/firefox-hg/patches

But has: Watchers: 51  Stars: 14   Forks: 34

On the Illumos Facebook channel what I got back then was an astounding 1 like! WOW  ...
I exclude from this complaint my few less than 10 real friends here on OI, which are at the same time the only ones who still contribute here directly.
And who get no money themselves for their 1000's of hours, in most cases (Ken is one of the few exceptions) live in countries boycotted and robbed off by the WEST , but nevertheless donated something to me last year after the FF release.

But you commercial Illumos folks in the US: Very disappointing.
But admittedly it is foolish enough that I ever expected anything (recognition, job, donations, friendship) from you and the like there.

What your country is sowing around the globe for the past 70++ years will at some point return home {*}

* https://facebook.com/opensxce
*  https://www.facebook.com/OpenSXCE/photos_stream?ref=page_internal
*  https://www.facebook.com/OpenSXCE/photos/pb.390802211025889.-2207520000.1452202928./569120039860771/?type=3&theater
*  https://www.facebook.com/OpenSXCE/photos/pb.390802211025889.-2207520000.1452202928./565286253577483/?type=3&theater