[OpenIndiana-discuss] ssh to servers with recent openssh

Kim Bak kim.bak at gamereactor.dk
Fri Jun 3 09:06:53 UTC 2016

On 11/05/16 20:00, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2016, Kim Bak wrote:
>
>> I have troubles connecting ssh to servers with newer openssh version
>> doe to no common kex algorithm.
>> Is there a way to fix this without changing the remote server config?
>
> The only problem I remember encountering is that recent OpenSSH does
> not accept DSS (DSA) keys by default.  It still accepts RSA keys.
>
> Make sure that you are not using a DSS (DSA) private key to log in.
Actually the problem goes much deeper than this, all the key exchange
algorithms compiled with oi openssh, are considered insecure and should
be avoided.

However, it was surprisingly easy to fix.

I downloaded the latest openssl, compiled it, and just copied over the
ssh executable, problem solved.

// Kim Bak