[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing Hipster

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Jun 10 14:52:23 UTC 2016

On 10/06/2016 01:19, Jim Klimov wrote:

  >>> 9 июня 2016 г. 18:58:20 CEST, "Udo Grabowski (IMK)"
<udo.grabowski at kit.edu> пишет:
>> PHASE                                        ACTIONS
>> Install Phase                            44637/476854Action install
>> failed for
>> 'powerdns' (pkg://hipster/service/network/dns/powerdns-recursor):
>>    KeyError: 'getgrnam(): name not found: powerdns'
>> The Boot Environment hipster-2016 failed to be updated. A snapshot was
>> taken
>> before the failed attempt and has been restored so no changes have been
>> made to
>> hipster-2016.
>> pkg: An unexpected error happened during install: 'getgrnam(): name not
>> found:
>> powerdns'
>
> Just in case: isn't getgrnam() a getter of group name? Maybe just adding the account to original (or half-updated) BE would fix it?

Yeah, thanks, indeed, I didn't look too deep into the error cause...

Added powerdns in/etc/group, but ran into the same problem with all these ones:

sshd,clamav,named,bacula,barman,dnscrypt,ftp,haproxy,jack,
mlocate,dhcpserv,puppet,zabbix,postgres

Added all of them; and, no, some packages do not install their
username from the group entry, so put that in by hand also...and,
voila, it finished installing. If we want to use that in production,
we would have to hack back the 'openindiana.org' distributor
into the hacked package repository and local package directories,
of course, but this installation is only for a test. I would clearly
not recommed to do it this way in a production install action...
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php