[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Docs (proof of concept) - What is it all about?

klaatu at member.fsf.org klaatu at member.fsf.org
Wed May 4 23:53:20 UTC 2016

>From an outsider's perspective, I'd like to thank you, Michael, for the
effort. I was a sometimes-user of Solaris at an old job, and I ran
OpenSolaris on my laptop when it first came out. I enjoyed it, but as
someone who just checks in on OpenSolaris-alikes every now and again,
I'm very unclear about what of what I learned on the old systems apply
to what is being produced now - and I'm eager to learn more. Your doc
project seems like the logical method for those things to be answered.

I gather that you got feedback that was critical of your effort. I
didn't see those messages, so I'm not responding to them. I'm just
thanking you for your effort; I agree that documentation is hugely
important, and even if your docs are not accepted as "official", I do
hope you continue with the effort.

Cheers.

klaatu at sdf.lonestar.org