[Userland-team] [OpenIndiana Distribution - Feature #1270] oi-build requires policies and procedures
devnull at illumos.org
Sun Jul 31 21:20:39 UTC 2011
Issue #1270 has been updated by Chris Jordan.
Assignee set to OI Userland
Tags changed from needs-triage to policy
Feature #1270: oi-build requires policies and procedures
Author: Alasdair Lumsden
Assignee: OI Userland
We need to outline the model our contributors will use for developing with oi-build. This should be created on the wiki as a sub-page of "Building with oi-build"
The model should cover:
1. How the review process works
2. How the commit process works
3. Who the committers are
The details of this model should be fleshed out on this issue before work begins on creating the page. A high level idea of how this could work:
1. User checks out oi-build, hacks away
2. User tests package following testing guidelines
3. Once happy, creates a diff they make web-available
4. They email oi-dev list asking for a review
5. Committers review, provide feedback
6. Author updates diff if necessary
7. Once committers happy, diff gets applied and committed to oi-build repo by committer
Step 3 needs refinement so that it is as easy as possible. The Illumos web-rev process isn't super easy. Something like github might be easier.
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://www.illumos.org/my/account
More information about the Userland-team