[Mailman] Package conflict issue

Jaeger, Trent Ray trj1 at psu.edu
Sat Aug 10 15:02:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am new to OpenIndiana, and I want to to install gcc on my system, but I am running into conflicts.

I have tried to install one of several versions of gcc, and received the following error message (gcc-6 as an example).

% pkg install gcc-6
pkg install: No matching version of developer/gcc-6 can be installed:
 Reject: pkg://openindiana.org/developer/gcc-6@6.5.0-2018.0.0.1
 Reason: No version matching ‘require’ dependency system/header can be installed
   ———————————————————
   Reject:   pkg://openindiana.org/system/header@0.5.11-2018.0.0.18656
                 pkg://openindiana.org/system/header@0.5.11-2018.0.0.18903
   Reason: This version is excluded by installed incorporation consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation at 0.5.11-2018.0.0.18398
   ———————————————————

All the versions of "system/header" packages that are found via search are between 18656 and 18903, and the "osnet-incorporation" is at 18398.

These packages appear to be required by gcc and many things running on the host, respectively.

Examined some other publishers, but packages appeared to be obsolete.

Regards,
Trent.
Trent Jaeger
Professor, CSE Department
Pennsylvania State University
W359 Westgate Bldg, University Park, PA 16802
Email: tjaeger at cse.psu.edu<mailto:tjaeger at cse.psu.edu>
Ph: (814) 865-1042, Fax: (814) 865-3176