[oi-dev] Developer meeting

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Wed Dec 1 13:45:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've added http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Developer+Meetings, so
additional topics can be added there.

* Alasdair Lumsden <alasdairrr at gmail.com> [2010-12-01 00:27]:
> > The first agenda could e.g. include the following issues:
> > * adaptation of the proposed governance and development models to
> >  current realities
> > * setting goals and a time frame for the post-oi_148 development
> >  release
> >    * in particular a discussion among consolidation builders
> >      about the upcoming transition to Illumos
> > * collecting ideas to  contributors
> > * the way forward with OIAC
>
> All good for me. Only agenda point I'd add would be "* methods of attracting additional devs to the project"

The third point got mangled above, corrected in the wiki.

> > So what do you all think? Any suggestions? What would be a
> > day/time acceptable to you (please mention the timezone)?
>
> I can do any time that sits between 7am in the morning and 2am at night in GMT/UTC (Or easier, I can't do 2am to 7am in the middle of the night GMT/UTC).
>
> The last time I tried to plot this, it was very difficult to pick a time that suited West Coast USA + Europe + Japan + Australia. I'd propose we pick a time thats good for USA West Coast + Europe, rather than pick a time that suits nobody, since thats where most of the developers are. (Sorry people in Japan/Australia/that general direction of the globe!)

Right, how about every other Wednesday at 21:00 UTC starting next
week (Dec, 8th)? While this is pretty arbitrary, it's after lunch
in PST and before bedtime in Central Europe, from my limited
observations there tends to be afair amount of activity in
#oi-dev.

--
Guido Berhoerster