[oi-dev] OI_148 available

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:55:50 UTC 2010

Jon Tibble wrote:
> Project OpenIndiana is pleased to announce the next development
> release, oi_148, is available.
> Existing users can image-update from their current repositories.
> Images of various formats (dd-usb to follow shortly) are available here:
> http://openindiana.org/download/
Hi, thanks for work and some questions:

1.Update from Media to newer OI:
Can one update current oi_147 installation using downloaded oi_148.iso
Live DVD image?

2. Fresh install of new BE of OI on existing zpool:
Is there a manual how to install fresh copy of OpenIndiana 148 in the
new Boot Environment, like fresh install on existing root zpool?
I would like to have a fresh start OI, beside previous BEs and
programs/installs

3. Dev /update publisher for Program and system updates:
How program updates (like Firefox, Thunderbird, security updates of
other packages) will be handled at a later time (We need to have IPS dev
/update publisher for this)

4. Illumos OS/Net integration:
If I install OI_148 and then compile Illumos OS/Net and use it that way,
will everything work fine?
E.G. What would be best/major steps for users in doing testing and
contributing to Illumos integration in OpenIndiana?
When first dev release with Illumos bits will be there?